Thursday, December 29, 2011

Corner Time not always easy

The other morning I was having a really hard time waking up.  I was moving but slow, and the dogs were getting to me.  So I started yelling.  He asked me to stop, I did.  The dogs would just not stopping being crazoids though! Sure enough I was back yelling.

He surprised me by (gently) grabbing my arm and leading me to the wall (we don't actually have any usable corners lol). He put me in a different spot than last time, where it was easier to see what was going on in the room.  I didn't look around but I really was tired and leaned my head on the wall, which he didn't  correct so I guess it was okay. Or he just wasn't looking at me.  I also got away with several sighs and fidgeting. 

It felt SO LONG! I didn't count this time, just kept repeating that I need to try to keep my temper in check- even in the mornings. Grr. I really hate the morning. That is why I work at 11!

When he told me I was done, I walked pretty sheepishly to him and knelt beside him.  With my head in his lap he stroked my hair and asked why I needed the corner time.  I told him I would work on keeping my attitude better and not yell at the dogs. He thanked me and hugged and kissed me.  I started to cry! The punishment put me back to rights and I felt fine afterward. 

I did feel bad for yelling but in fairness I was still half asleep. If your dog starts howling  in a small house when you are sleepy, I bet you would yell too! Gotta love that hound!

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    Maybe it would have been easier to get up and sort out the dog with a biscuit. Hope your boot camp still happens. Sounds like you have something to add now.
    Michael M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I don't have dogs :) I'm not a great morning person either though!

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...your puppies are so cute and I'm green with envy that you live in gorgeous Alaska! I'm looking forward to reading more of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They get fed as soon as they get out, they were just really hyper that day. Dogs are the greatest, as in the greatest source of happiness and fulfillment and greatest source of stress ;P You won't be envious to know I was 5 hours late to work because it was forty below zero (no wind chill) and our car wouldn't start-even plugged in :( LoL but that is how we do it up here!

    Thank you all for the comments!

    ReplyDelete