Tuesday, December 6, 2011

bedroom time... sigh

I feel like I am just moving right along the punishment list! I still have only had the one spanking though so I guess this is good. 

I woke up this morning really grumpy. I had woken up at four am with bad cramps and couldn't go back to sleep for an hour. When 7:30 rolled around (which is "sleeping in" to my dog) she whined and whined and whined.  I asked if he would take her, he mumbled in reply. Meanwhile, more whining. Now high pitched whining. So I throw off the covers, throw down the gate, turn the light on and take them out. 

While I'm standing outside I'm thinking how it's not that cold, it's not that hard being up right now, after all it's almost eight.  And that even though he was sleepy I'm not gonna get a warm and fuzzy feeling for being mean, noisy, and pretty much awful (can you tell I am NOT a morning person yet??).  So we go back in, they are both jazzed to up and want breakfast.  I feed them and slide back into the bed. 

Silence. So I just lay there. So he tells me how mean I just was after a couple minutes. As he is getting up he tells me I can just stay here for 20 minutes. I am getting bedroom time I guess.  He grabs my phone and my book to take the temptation away ( I wouldn't have used either of them, I knew I was in trouble. I have a problem with controlling my attitude not being insolent haha). He came back in five minutes in and told me bedroom time is not for sleeping, I told him I'm not sleeping. Good he says. 

Wow. I did not anticipate on how boring this would be.  No! You are not supposed to be thinking about how boring it is, you are supposed to be thinking about WHY you are in here.  Was there an audience in the bedroom this morning? Did I really have to theatrically slam the dog gate on the floor and dramatically flip all the lights on? No okay probably not. He came back in eight minutes early and sat next to me on the bed.  He calmly asked me why I had bedroom time, I told him for being rude and mean.  He said thank you, and I said I would work on not doing that again. He told me take out the dogs again and then come work out with him in the back room.  Boom! Just like that we are back to having a happy and productive morning. 

Later on he had a look on his face and I asked him if he was thinking about this morning. He asked how I knew.  I just knew, because his face looked dark and menacing. He told me he was thinking he probably should have gave me a spanking for all that but he was still half asleep. So apparently I got lucky.  But I really will try to be nicer in the morning.


6 comments:

  1. Both corner time and bedroom time seem to work well for you Anna :) You're off to a flying start :)
    (I'm not really that much of a morning person either!)
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had bedroom time Anna. I'm not sure I'd like it either but it sure does sound better than a spanking. Good to hear that you were able to go on and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy..don't get me started on morning spankings! I'd rather have bedroom time but he has only done that once.

    Isn't it funny how we can read their minds? I once said I was afraid to look up at him because I'd see a spanking in his eyes! It's true..I can see it..lol.

    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee- they really do!
    Susie- I really love the "reset" aspect of LDD, it has been my favorite part so far (lol that sounds kinda weird)
    Stormy- that was the first time I saw it but I really did know! I guess women are just awesome like that!

    thanks for the comments ladies! btw my youtube acct is linked to a different e-mail so if I comment as anon. I will always sign as ~Anna :D (oh and I'm on youtube a lot so that's why I'm saying that! holy moly soy latte)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say - and please don't hate me. BUT I really don't LIKE all the work that dogs cause a couple! Sure, they give love etc. but way way too much for me - almost like have a toddler again. I was in a relationship where the dogs were his first, but then I became the primary "care taker" - talk about resentful! So I totally understand the yelling and cramps and being grouchy - And I did tell my ex - they are YOUR dogs - YOU take care of them! As you can guess, we were pretty close to being done ourselves....

    You are so sweet in sharing this with us - I appreciate reading your trials, they help me be better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molded by him, Of course I don't hate you for your comment! lol but both the dogs were my idea, and he really does help take care of them half the time. We share that responsibility. I would take a pooch over a kid any day! Hopefully you don't hate me for that comment ;P Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete